Monday, February 11, 2013

Week 5 reflection (Very hard and effective week)

Hi everybody who is reading my "Week 5 reflection" in my web blog!

I really appreciate your visit and your comments.

Now, let me share my ideas, reflections about last week which was very exciting and had quite hard tasks.

In "Project step #4 I had to write a solution to the problem that I wrote a week ago. The problem solution should be a technology - related change that means, I need to think wide and to shake my brain so that to solve the "time management" problem in my lessons. Then, I remembered a WebQuest that is a good desicion in my mind. Because, lack of time I couldn't make a progress in explaining the subject to my students. I mean 45 minutes aren't enough for me. So, a project in WebQuest can make it easier as I don't need to manage time for checking homework at the beginning of lesson and giving homework at the end. WebQuest is a nice instrument where I can mark my students by their answers to tasks.

The next one was a week 5 task. The notion "rubrics" was unfamiliar for me until this task. So, Robert asked us to create a Rubric. Thanks GOOGLE! that always helps me in kind of moments. I referred to my friend and asked him to help me with "rubric". Finally, I found this: http://rubistar.4teachers.org/index.php?screen=WhatIs&module=Rubistar . This link gave me enough info about rubric and I could create my rubric doc :)

In discussion topic we had "Assessment. Rubrics and PBL" where we were asked to answer some questions. Again I was thankful to my search engine friend Google, where I found information about PBL (I didn't know anything about PBL before) reading http://online.sfsu.edu/rpurser/revised/pages/problem.htm I tried to guess how to answer the questions and tried my best.

The week was hard but very effective for me. As I learned about Rubrics, WebQuest, PBL lots of things and the most important thing I learned how to use them.

One more thing, about Extra Credit. I've created page on zunal and working on it. For the person who doesn't know many things about WebQuest. it's little bit difficult to start a new project there. But I can do it. My project name is "Talking about the future" which I am going to start with 9 th grades, but I am working on it nowadays and it takes me a lot of time to work with it. 

As I said, the week was successful and effective for me. I am thankful to my course-mates who share their brilliant ideas in Nicenet and Robert who is tries to make us work hard. :)



The picture is from: http://1.bp.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment